New features in PackNGo (PNG) 12.1.2
- Sample Troubleshooting Jobs: New users can get familiarized with the PackNGo app using a sample troubleshooting job. After installing, the PNG app shows ‘Troubleshoot sample job’ button prominently on the welcome screen. Users can also troubleshoot sample job by selecting the selecting the menu item on the top right hand corner. PNG connects to TEAMS-RDS running on the QSI website to facilitate running this test job.
- Initiation of Jobs from TEAMS-RDS (Go Online): Users with proper credentials can initiate a job from PackNGo, by connecting to TEAMS-RDS using the ‘Go online’ menu item. They can then download the job payload to take it offline at any point during the troubleshooting by clicking the top right menu item ‘PackNGo’.
- Dispatch Center jobs: PackNGo now supports jobs sent by the Dispatch Center in TEAMS-RDS. Dispatchers can send a job with multiple matching symptoms and the mobile device user can select the right symptom in the field, and get the corresponding troubleshooting strategy from the server via HTTP/HTTP
01/15/2014: A patch has been released to fix the following :
- The mime type which was preventing the old email clients on Android from opening the payload.
- No job report will be emailed now for dispatched jobs where no steps were performed before the job was taken off-line (to PNG).