Before proceeding you will need to know the following information to configure the ODBC data source, contact your IT administrator for assistance.
- TCP/IP address of the database server
- database user account and password
- database port if non-default was set
- name of the database (default: rds)
To add a MSSQL ODBC data source:
- First locate the ODBC Administrator utility.
- For 32-bit systems its located in: Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Data Sources (ODBC).
- For 64-bit systems, if you are running the 64-bit version of TEAMS-Designer the utility is located in: Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Data Sources (ODBC). If you are running the 32-bit version of TEAMS-Designer the utility is located in: <Windows Dir>\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe.
- Open the utility and select the System DSN tab on the top.
- Click on Add.
- A dialog will appear prompting you to enter the name, description and server name. Enter the name of the data source, this is an arbitrary field. This field is required by TEAMS-Designer to connect to TEAMS-RDS.
- Click on the drop-down list box for the server, a list of database servers should appear. Select the database server which hosts the TEAMS-RDS database. If the list is empty, enter the TCP/IP name of the server in the field. If you are connecting to a SQL Express version of MSSQL, you will need to append “\SQLEXPRESS” to the server name field.
- Click Next to proceed.
- The dialog will prompt you for a login information. Select “With SQL Server authentication using a login ID and password entered by the user.” as the authentication method.
- Ensure the box for “Connect to SQL Server to obtain default settings for the additional configuration options.” is selected.
- Enter the database login id and password. Note for TEAMS-IDE, the default login id and password are: rds \ Qualtech135 .
- Click Next twice.
- Click on Finish, a dialog will appear with a summary of the configuration settings. To test the data source, click on Test Data Source. A window will appear displaying the results of the tests. If the test is not successfully, click on OK to dismiss the window and click on Cancel to review the configuration settings of the data source.
- By default TEAMS-IDE installs SQL Server 2008 Express on the machine.
- The name of the data source is arbitrary but you should create a naming convention that is ready to remember if you plan on creating multiple ODBC data sources.
- You can add several ODBC data sources, this will allow you to export to several TEAMS-RDS databases from TEAMS-Designer.